Description of Practice
Our partner in the Public Law Department, has developed a large part of his professional career, with 25 years of experience, in advising in the public sector and regulated sectors. He is an expert in public sector contracting, providing recurring advice in this area to public administrations and public bodies, as well as to bidders and successful bidders, and to banking institutions in financing operations for service or infrastructure concessions.
- Degree in Law, Pompeu Fabra University, 1995.
- Master’s Degree in Business Law, Pompeu Fabra University, 1996.
- Postgraduate in Bankruptcy Administration, Universidad Oberta de Catalunya, 2007.
- Lawyer and partner at Roca Junyent.
- Lawyer and partner at Ecija.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2013 edition, in the areas of Restructuring and Corporate and M&A.
Professional Associations – Other Activities
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Lleida Bar Association.
Miquel Àngel is also a specialist in the public business sector, having been secretary of the board of directors of public entities (such as AIGÜES TER-LLOBREGAT) and publicly owned companies.
Miquel Àngel Alonso’s field of activity includes advising in regulated sectors such as telecommunications, transport, electricity (distribution companies, retailers, renewables, self-consumption), water, insurance and gambling, among others.
He is also an expert in administrative disciplinary proceedings, contentious-administrative proceedings and accounting jurisdiction.
He is also an insolvency administrator and, from this perspective, has intervened in proceedings relating to the insolvency of public
sector contractors and concessionary companies.